Dear Partner/Provider of the Reducing Racial and Ethnic Health Inequities “Closing the Gap (CTG)” Grant Program:
At this time, the Florida Department of Health appreciates the work efforts you continue to do throughout this unprecedented time in which all levels of government and non-government entities are working together to ensure the health and safety of all Florida residents and visitors during this COVID-19 outbreak.
Office of Minority Health and Health Equity (OMHHE) staff will continue to keep you informed with Department activities in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, more specifically information to reduce the risk of exposure and/or serious illness of persons with chronic conditions/diseases due to this new, emerging virus.
• Tip sheet for people caring for persons living with dementia (see doc attached)
• Guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
• Guia del Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades (CDC): https://espanol.cdc.gov/enes/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
• A YouTube tutorial - COVID-19: What Older Adults Need to Know - developed by the CDC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjcoN9Aek24
• Tips from the Alzheimer's Association: